Plan International African Union Liaison Office
Plan International’s African Union Liaison Office holds decision-makers to account to advance girls’ and young women’s rights in key Pan-African institutions and platforms. Through this work, we create lasting impact for girls and support them to advocate for their rights and gender equality.
We engage with key African human rights bodies such as the African Committee of Experts on the Rights and Welfare of the Child and the African Commission on Human and People’s Rights to strengthen and protect children’s rights across Africa.
We collaborate closely with the African Union Commission, the Department of Health, Humanitarian Affairs and Social Development, international organisations and UN agencies.
Our current priorities include:
- Ensuring laws are correctly implemented by supporting civil society organisations to hold their States to account
- Promoting girls’ meaningful participation in decision making
- Targeting institutions at the African Union and the Regional Economic Community to influence outcomes
- Supporting young people to play a leading role in decision-making processes around peace, gender equality and women’s rights
- Strengthening civil society to end child marriage.
Zouleka Building, Bole Road, 4th Floor, Suite 401&404, P. O. Box: 5696, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia